Tips to share,
for human care!
Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 ( ESV)
Click on the following links to find some tips.
Jesus Lives! The Victory's Won
As we revel in the final days of the Easter season, I invite you, dear sisters in Christ, to ponder the mystery of Jesus’ resurrection in the hymn, Jesus Lives! The Victory’s Won (LSB 490). Each of the 5 stanzas penned by Christian Gellert (1715-69), reminds us of how our lives are changed forever because of Jesus’ resurrection.
“What does Jesus’ resurrection mean?”
1. It means that death “no longer can appall me.” Death of my loved ones. My own death. The darkness of the grave is replaced with the brilliance of living in Jesus’ light and love forever! “Brighter scenes will then commence.”
2. It means I have a destination beyond this earthly life. God is faithful as he guides us through the hills and valleys of life. “God is faithful; doubtings, hence!” He is faithful to the end and promises we shall live and reign with Him in heaven.
3. It means that as Jesus lives in me, His love abides in me and flows through my actions. Doubtful about that? Don’t be. “All I need God will dispense.”
4. It means that in our daily battle with sin, death, and the power of the devil, Jesus has our back. He has won the battle. “God will be my sure defense.”
5. It means that when we take our last breath and all of our senses fail, we still have
something left. “Faith shall cry, as fails each sense: JESUS IS MY CONFIDENCE!”
With Easter confidence, we, as Lutheran Women in Mission, joyfully proclaim Christ, support missions, and equip women to honor God by serving others.
Dr. Jean Boehler
Cantor, Redeemer Evangelical Lutheran Church, The Bronx, New York
LWML Atlantic District Chairperson for Human Care